Saturday, September 3, 2011

Product Review

Well, in my previous blog I mentioned that I ordered Mango Control Spray to see if it worked as a replacement for Camicide. It is a "natural" formulation with the following ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Sodium lauryl sulfate 1.50%, cinnamon oil .50%, cedar oil .20%, clove oil .20%, other ingredients (water, citric acid, bentonite) 97.60%.

I tried this product on a few different types of bugs - ants, two roaches and some sort of beetle. Unfortunately this product did not work on any of them. I soaked the bugs with this stuff and they basically walked right out of it. :-( 

A spray or two with Camicide knocked them out right away.

This product smells nice when you spray it, but in my experience was not effective at all. I was so disappointed in this product that I just threw it away.

Luckily, I was able to obtain a few more bottles of Camicide. I do not need to use very much, so my supply should last me a while. Hopefully, by the time I run out it will be back on the market.

Meanwhile, if I see another product that shows some promise, I'll be sure and let everyone know!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Control Aviary Bug Spray? I wanna know whether it works on cockroach directly. I live in Georgia and cockroaches are the main problem in any time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try it on a roach, it did not work for me. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete