Sunday, December 9, 2012

Higgins Inca Bean Salad Review: Update

This morning, I mixed the cooked Higgins Inca Bean Salad in with my veggie mix.

For the babies in the nursery this morning, I mixed it approximately 50/50 with my veggie mix:
















The babies seemed to eat it okay:













For my pet and aviary birds, who are used to a chopped veggie mix and not so much cooked foods, I went heavier on the veggies. I like the way this mix turned out:















The pet and aviary birds ate this mix very well. Since my birds are used to a chopped mix, adding the Higgins did not change the appearance of it very much. All in all, just as I mentioned in my last post, this mix makes a nice healthy addition to my regular chopped veggie mix. I feel it makes a nutritious, base for a "mash" recipe or could be served alone if you have a bird that enjoys cooked foods.  The nice thing about it is it all the ingredients are pre-mixed and it is quick to prepare. This mix can also be frozen in portions to thaw out for future meals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment