Thursday, September 9, 2010

Green Cheek Conure & Molting

I'm ready to go to my new home!
Will you be my friend?

Well our baby that had the beak injury has healed up nicely and is doing great! We are looking for a home for this little guy. He is super sweet and will make a great companion! His beak just needs to grow out and he'll be as good as new. He is eating a normal diet (pellets, fresh foods, etc.) and loves to come out to play! He has a gentle, playful personality. If you are interested in giving our little guy a home, please let me know. You can contact me at parrots4us@sbcglobal.net

Molting Time:

I've gotten a few emails from customers who are finding lots of feathers at the bottom of their birds cages. They are concerned that their birds are picking. Right now, many birds are going through their pre-season molt. This is usually a heavy molt and you may see more feathers at the bottom of the cage than during a normal molt. Your birds may be crankier than usual and have a head full of sensitive pin feathers. So be careful!

This is normal for this time of year and is nothing to worry about. If you have your birds on a good diet (mostly pellets with some fresh foods), than your bird will have the nutrition he needs to grow in healthy, beautiful feathers!

Birds Currently Available:

We have four lovely blue quaker babies. They are on two handfeedings per day now. We expect them to be weaned around the first week of October. They are very sweet and cuddly.

We have the neatest white bellied caique available! He is so smart and personable. Loves to play on his back! DNA'd male. He will make an awesome companion. I almost kept him for myself LOL!

And we have still have one senegal available. Weaning now, I expect this baby to be ready to go home in about a week.

If you are interested in any of the birds above, please go to my website at http://www.almostangelsaviary.com/ or contact me at parrots4us@sbcglobal.net  Pictures of the above babies are available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment